Friday, April 13, 2007

Stomp The Yard

It's a dance movie. And as everyone would expect, it's all about that big competition at the end, being tied up for the first place, and having a showdown. Yes, that's how the story goes but this movie is unique in its own way.

Seeing Chris Brown in this movie made me leap up to my seat and made my boyfriend jealous over it. I admit, he's cute and I was disappointed when he only had a few parts in the movie. I thought he was the lead because he was sooo good.

DJ (Columbus Short) is the older brother of Duron (Chris Brown). After winning a dance battle, they were attacked by their rival team in the streets and Duron was accidentally shot. DJ was arrested for starting a brawl and was sent to his Georgia to study in Truth University and work as a gardener to pay for his tuition. While attending school, two fraternities discovered his talent in dancing and both offered him to join their group for the upcoming Nationals. Turns out that he has to choose between pursuing his girl (Meagan Good) and his dancing.

First of all, I didn't know Ne-Yo can act and dance brilliantly. And he's funny, too. All the actors in the movie wasn't horrible. If you guys liked Honey, Step Up and You Got Served, then this is a kind of movie you want to watch. The dance routines were funny, it makes your jaw drop and makes you say, Whoa!