Friday, September 4, 2009

Risky Move

Last Wednesday when I was checking my company mail, I came across a refer-a-friend mail. The referral fee of 10,000 didn't made me excited but the job position itself. What is it?

Oracle CC&B Analyst, Developer and Designer

How ironic is that? I was a former employee of Oracle, err, I mean a former trainee. And this is the system that we are training for. I was interested because this is the type of job that I was doing before I came here at Accenture. This is also the type of job that I was expecting when I came here at Accenture. But unfortunately, the job that I am doing right now is nowhere near this. It was very interesting that I told Nigel about it.

He was surprised and he told me to apply for it. I didn't know if it was open for internal application so I asked my HR rep about it. She called me yesterday and told me that they are giving more priority to those outside the company because almost all employees here in Accenture are deployed in a project. So if you leave a project, it's harder for the company to find another person to replace your part.

She also told me that if I really want to apply for it, I will have myself rolled off from the project and apply for the position. But there is no assurance that I would get the job. Kung hindi ako matanggap dun, mabe-bench ako.. which is a hard thing. It's a risky move.

I don't know if I want to take the risk. I've been wanting to move into a more interesting project and I think this is what I wanted. I prayed last night regarding this but then I am still not sure kung dapat ko ba talagang i-risk ang sarili ko. It's a big career move and ayoko ding mag-risk and in the end, mapupunta lang ako sa bench. So.. think think think.

As of now, okay pa naman ako dito. Though ang dami na ding umaalis sa project. Minsan nakakadiscourage din kasi yung mga kakilala mo, unti-unti ng nababawasan. Nababawasan ang head count tapos dumadami yung trabaho. Plus, wala pa kaming Holiday, limited ang Vacation Leave kasi nga konti lang kayo. Hindi pwede yung pabigla-biglang leave. Kahit nga SL ang hirap talaga, lalo na kung dalawa lang kayo sa shift. Mahirap. Mahirap talaga.

Anyway, alam ko din namang may reason si God kung bakit ako nandito sa project na 'to. Plus, my performance for the past Fiscal Year was consistent so I am doing good here. I will give myself a year before I move to another company.

Somewhere near my residence. Alabang perhaps? Let's see next year. Tagal pa! :)