Friday, February 26, 2010

I Just Got Promoted!

Last Wednesday, I just got the news from my manager that I will be promoted this March. It's the greatest news ever! My colleague and I were just talking about it last Tuesday and I never thought this would actually come.

I went home all smiles and almost texted everyone on my contacts about the good news. It felt great, knowing that I never even imagined myself working in this type of work and environment. It's overwhelming. God really knows where I should be, where I'm good at. And this great news made me realize why I am here.

If you have been an avid follower of my previous blogs, you'll notice how much I always ask myself the reason why I am here. During my first few months, I kind of dislike everything about it, until just late last year when I totally get everything and I started to get closer to my teammates. That's when I became more excited on going to work, and felt that going to work is not work at all.

I remembered what I wrote on my tumblr site. It was something like I feel kind of sad when it Sundays because there's gonna be work the next day. But once I started working, I feel good about it which is a good sign. And IT is a good sign. I really really feel good and this promotion just made me realize how I am valued in this company and this project.

Since last Wednesday, I started to think about it all the time and ask myself if it's really happening or everything was just a dream. Because I always have the greatest dreams that I really wanted to happen, only to wake up disappointed because it still remains as a dream. And I woke up Thursday morning, looked at my planner, and still saw that big PROMOTED text I wrote on my Feb 24th entry. Everything's getting into place.

It was worth it being here. I was employed here last July 2008, totally clueless on what I'm doing. Almost gave up because I really don't know the reason why I was here. And now less than two years, I got promoted. Ang sarap pala nung feeling. At di ko ineexpect na mararamdaman ko siya early this year. Ang saya. Sobra.

I really have no clue. I still remember how I looked when I said:

"Wow, thank you po!"

Almost teary eyed when my manager told me I got promoted and shook my hands while congratulating me.

I'm just happy... :) Soooo happy.