Thursday, August 27, 2009

Style...

I rode an EA bus this morning to work. I sat on a window seat on the right side of the bus. There was this guy on the left side who kept on looking.

Guy: La Salle Dasma ka ba?
Nessa: Hindi.
Guy: Hmm.. AMA?
Nessa: Hindi.
Guy: San ka nagsschool?
Nessa: Mapua.
Guy: Sa Manila?
Nessa: Makati.
Guy: Ah ok. Siguro kamuka mo lang siguro. Familiar ka kasi e. Nagsschool ka padin until now?

Okay, good thing I still look like a student. I think I know where this is going..

Nessa: Nope, working na.
Guy: San ka nagwwork?
Nessa: Accenture.
Guy: Ah talaga. Bakit hindi ka na lang nag Teletech, malapit pa, dito lang sa SM Bacoor.
Nessa: Ah, IT ako e. Hindi ako call center.
Guy: Ah hindi ka agent?
Nessa: Yup.

I put on my earphones and turned on my MP3 as a signal that I am not interested. While I was looking in the window, I saw his reflection trying to get my attention. When I look back, he was saying something. I removed my earphones to hear what he was saying.

Guy: Alam mo bang may balak magtayo ng Accenture diyan sa Robinsons Palapala?
Nessa: Hindi e.
Guy: Nga pala, Melvin.

He reached out his hand for a handshake. I shook it back.

Nessa: Nessa.

He then reached out his cellphone to me.

Guy: Sige, pakuha na lang ng number mo. Para pag wala akong makulit. Hehehe.

I looked at the phone for a few minutes, thinking if I should give him my number.

0927.. erase..

09.. erase..

09052670888. I gave him my old number where I lost my phone at McDonalds months ago. I really don't want to give him my number. E ayoko na ng discussion. Buti na lang may tumabi na sakin. I was in the middle of a nap when he called my name and said goodbye dahil pababa na siya ng SM Bacoor.

Weird..