Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Living Alone

It has been a month since my blog has been updated. Well, what's up with me lately?

When 2010 came, I thought about renting a place on my own. Well, not an entire home since I can't afford that yet. I want to rent a room along Ortigas or Mandaluyong so going to work is not much of a hassle everyday.

If you are not aware, ever since I was 17, a freshmen in college, I go to school in Mapua Makati and go home back to Cavite everyday. Yup, that's my life. During my first term in Mapua, I actually got very skinny since I'm still adjusting. I think I was 90 pounds then. Now, I'm already 100 lbs. Not bad :)

And now that I'm 22, turning 23 this year, it seems that it gets tiring. Is this the sign that I am REALLY growing up? Ack. Anyway, yung travel time before was really different compared ngayon. Ortigas is farther than Makati. Plus, I live in Dasmarinas before, now I live in Silang. Mas malayo talaga so my travel time one-way is three hours na. Nakakapagod, plus, sayang sa oras.

So I searched a lot of "ROOM FOR RENT" in Google. I didn't have time to actually visit places and saka ako maghahanap. So sa Internet muna ko naghanap and saka ko na binisita yung place when I have a contact na with someone. Lahat na yata ng links dun na-click ko na. I actually thought of bedspacing first kasi mas mura siya. But then I thought, ayoko ng may kasama sa room.

Truthfully, I'm not good in dealing with strangers. I don't know how to approach them first. I kind of think much about how they think about me. Masyado akong conscious. Maybe its a cause of some insecurity issues. But anyway, that's how I am. I'd rather live alone than share it with people whom I still don't know. I don't know how to deal with different personalities other than my friends that I've known for years.

I found this place in GA Tower in Mandaluyong. Katapat lang siya ng Boni MRT. Super accessible when it comes to transportation. And since it's a condo, its 24 hour secured. And since it's a condo, mas mahal siya. Bedspacing ranges from 3800-4500, depending on furnished and non-furnished units. Then renting a room costs 6000-8000. The rooms are not that big, feeling ko it's ideal for one person only. But sa mga ganitong business, as much as possible, pinagkakasya nila ang apat na tao sa kwartong pang-dalawahan lang.

Okay lang sakin ang maliit na kwarto, just as long as I am the only person renting it. Nakakatakot din to share a room with someone you don't know. You have to take care of your personal things just as much.

So anyway, yun nga. The offer of the smallest room in the condo was for 6,500. Of course it's pricey but my best boyfriend in the world offered to share the other half with me. And because of that, andito na ko ngayon sa GA nagrrent.

I just moved last Monday, February 1. Before I was afraid na malulungkot ako or maho-homesick but I was not. It was actually fun. Though I did not have any Internet or TV to entertain me, hindi naman ako nalungkot like what I expected before. It was actually kind of exciting. Siguro dadating din yung time na makakabili ako ng TV or Laptop pero now, I just have to stick to journal writing and reading to kill the time.

I just bought my electric fan yesterday dahil hindi ako nakatulog Monday evening because it was so hot. My Tuesday night was relaxing. Sana my Wednesday night, today, will also be relaxing since malamig na yung feeling. :)

It's my first week here. I am on leave on Friday because it's Nayj's birthday!! Yay! I'm excited for him. Band hero night ulit and ultimate bonding with Sonios. I hope everyone is present.

I miss Marxi, Joyce, Daryl, Djonder, Val, Paolo and his girlfriend Leanne. And of course, the birthday celebrant, Nayj!! :)